If you'd like to discuss anything before using ctrlio, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First things first
When we talk about ctrlio, we're referring to the ctrlio website (ctrlio.com), the ctrlio service (the ctrlio button you see on third party websites) and all services provided by ctrlio.
What is ctrlio?
ctrlio is a consumer-driven data management service, which enables you to:
- Collect and manage your personal information
- Keep your collected information up-to-date
- Use relevant parts of your personal information for your own gain. For example to find deals that are matched to your needs on third party websites
Where is ctrlio?
ctrlio is a digital service so you have to be online to use it. You can access it in a number of ways, for instance from our website or through a ctrlio tool on a third party website. Clicking the ctrlio button will start the service.
We do our best to ensure ctrlio is always up and running, but there may be times when this isn't possible. Occasionally service may be interrupted due to periodic updating, maintenance, repair or any other reason or action either under or beyond our control. We're sorry for any inconvenience this causes but we can't guarantee the continuity or availability of the ctrlio service.
Is there a charge to use ctrlio?
Who can use ctrlio?
Anyone over 18 years old can use ctrlio for domestic or private use only. If you're under 18, you're not allowed to use ctrlio in any way, so please wait until you're old enough.
ctrlio is personal to you. This means you can only use it for yourself and you may not transfer your registration to any other person or entity.
By using our service you are confirming that you are over 18 and agreeing not to use the service for commercial, business or resale purposes.
Who owns ctrlio?
The ctrlio website and service are operated by the company, ctrlio Limited. ctrlio Limited is registered in England and Wales under registration number 09376911. The registered office is Pioneer House, Vision Park, Histon, Cambridge, CB24 9NL.
ctrlio is a fully owned subsidiary of Greydog Ventures Limited. This company is also registered in England and Wales under registration number 07915868. The registered office is Pioneer House, Vision Park, Histon, Cambridge, CB24 9NL.
Now for the more serious stuff
The ctrlio service is available displayed on third party websites. When you click the ctrlio button you have an opportunity to collect your personal information from a third party. Third party websites or services are not under the control of ctrlio. This means we can't be held responsible if you're unable to access your information from the third party. We're also not responsible for and do not endorse any third party content or privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement on whether you wish to interact with any third party.
If you decide to buy something or set up a contract with a third party as a result of using ctrlio, the third party will pay us a fee for your business. This is how we're able to offer our service to you free of charge.
When we use the term 'personal information', we're referring to any information that you wish to collect through ctrlio and share with third parties. This information belongs to you and it's your decision if you wish to collect and share it. You may access or remove the information at any time.
You may use ctrlio to access certain aspects of your personal information from third parties, for example your average phone usage from your mobile phone provider. This information belongs to you and no third party should object to you accessing it. If any third party refuses access to the information, you'll need to follow it up with them as it's out of our hands. We can't be held responsible for third party actions or decisions.
By using our service, you're authorising ctrlio to collect this information on your behalf and share it with an agreed third party for a specific use.
You are also agreeing to only access your information for lawful purposes and to not access any information that you're not entitled to. You'll be solely responsible if any third party objects or challenges ctrlio's ability to access information on your behalf.
Your privacy and the safe processing of your personal information are at the core of ctrlio's business. We understand the value of your information and know how important it is to keep it secure.
ctrlio complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 and meets all the requirements for processing your personal data and information. In addition, ctrlio is registered with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (registration number: ZA094897). If ctrlio's parent company (GreyDog Ventures Limited) processes any personal data on behalf of ctrlio, there are appropriate measures in place to ensure that all the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 are met. GreyDog Ventures is also registered with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (registration number: ZA071699).
For your security, ctrlio uses appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your information against:
- Unlawful destruction
- Accidental loss, destruction or alteration
- Unauthorised disclosure or access
Your information is held in the cloud, on servers within the European Economic Area under the control of ctrlio. We make sure our service providers comply with all applicable data privacy requirements.
ctrlio only uses your information with your permission to deliver the service you've requested. This is usually in connection with a third party.
Your information is collected and analysed separately from any third party and a summary is only shared with a third party at your request. This summary is an overview of your information (for example your average phone usage). You'll always be able to see the summary before it's shared, and can edit and delete it, if you wish.
ctrlio also collects anonymised usage and performance information, which is used to manage and improve our services.
ctrlio does not share, transfer, sell or use your information in any other manner.
ctrlio website and service contain material (including software) that is proprietary to ctrlio (or its licensors). This material is protected under English and other laws, as copyright (including rights in databases), trademarks/tradenames and confidential information.
All intellectual property rights existing in the ctrlio service are and will always be the sole property of ctrlio (or its licensors). You are granted only a limited license to use our intellectual property as and to the extent only reasonably required to enable you to use and access our service.
Any distribution, reprint or electronic reproduction of any content from ctrlio, in whole or in part for any purpose is expressly prohibited.
Protection of services
To protect our service, these are the things you agree not to do when using ctrlio.
You will not:
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated process.
- Use gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor all or any part of our services.
- Use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search all or any part of our services. This doesn't include the search engines and search agents available through our service and generally available third party web browsers.
- Post or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive features on our website or anywhere across the ctrlio service. Or do anything that otherwise interferes with the proper operation and performance of ctrlio.
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any aspect of our service.
- Transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of our service.
- Use our service in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise the systems or security of ctrlio or interfere with other users.
Limitation of liability
When you use ctrlio, you expressly acknowledge that the ctrlio service is provided to you on an 'as-is' basis and that your use of our service is at your sole risk. Any liability of ctrlio to you or to any third party for any damage suffered or incurred by you or such third party arising from your use of our service is excluded and limited to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- Death or personal injury resulting from negligence
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- Any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law
Ending your relationship with ctrlio
You may at any time stop using our services and end any continuing contractual relationship with ctrlio. If you've registered with ctrlio for use of our services, you may end that registration at any time.
ctrlio may at any time end your access to and use of our services if:
- ctrlio, in its sole discretion, considers that it is required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the service to you is, or becomes, unlawful)
If any of the above occurs, access to our service will be stopped. If you're registered, we'll send an email to the address provided when you registered alerting you of this decision.
If we have to end your use of our service for any reason:
- You must immediately stop all use of our services.
If you wish to contact ctrlio in writing, please send us an email at email@example.com.
If ctrlio wishes to contact you, we'll send an email to the address you provided when you registered. If you choose to receive any reminders from us, they'll be sent to the email address or mobile number you provided.
- A notice appearing when you access ctrlio services
- An email to the address you supplied during the registration process
© ctrlio Limited. Last modified date 19 March 2015.