What is ctrlio?
ctrlio provides price comparison services for mobile and broadband contracts in the UK through their own websites and through partner websites.
ctrlio also provides other price comparison sites with a product that converts their listings into dynamic marketplaces.
The ctrlio websites (ctrlio.com, mobile.ctrlio.com and broadband.ctrlio.com) are operated by ctrlio Limited, which is a fully owned subsidiary of Greydog Ventures Limited.
Where is ctrlio?
ctrlio is a consumer-driven data management ctrlio is a digital service so you have to be online to use it. You can access ctrlio's services via one of the websites listed above or through partner websites.
ctrlio does its best to ensure the services are always up and running, but there may be times when this isn't possible. Occasionally service may be interrupted due to periodic updating, maintenance, repair or any other reason or action either under or beyond ctrlio's control. ctrlio is sorry for any inconvenience this causes but can't guarantee the continuity or availability of the ctrlio services.
Is there a charge to use ctrlio?
Who can use ctrlio?
Anyone over 18 years old can use ctrlio for domestic or private use only. If you're under 18, you're not allowed to use ctrlio in any way, so please wait until you're old enough.
By using ctrlio's services you are confirming that you are over 18 and agreeing not to use the service for commercial, business or resale purposes.
Who owns ctrlio?
The ctrlio websites and services are operated by the company, ctrlio Limited. ctrlio Limited is registered in England and Wales under registration number 09376911. The registered office is Pioneer House, Vision Park, Histon, Cambridge, CB24 9NL.
ctrlio is a fully owned subsidiary of Greydog Ventures Limited. This company is also registered in England and Wales under registration number 07915868. The registered office is Pioneer House, Vision Park, Histon, Cambridge, CB24 9NL.
Now for the more serious stuff
Third party websites or services are not under the control of ctrlio. This means ctrlio can't be held responsible if you're unable to access your information from the third party. ctrlio is not responsible for and does not endorse any third party content or privacy policies. You will need to make your own independent judgement on whether you wish to interact with any third party. If you decide to buy something or set up a contract with a third party as a result of using ctrlio, the third party will pay ctrlio a fee for your business. This is how ctrlio is able to offer its services to you free of charge.
Some personal preferences that are required for the effective delivery of the services (e.g. alert settings, cookie acceptance, product filtering preferences) may be stored in your browser, in the form of local storage or cookies. You have complete control of this data, both through standard browser controls, and through explicit controls on the site.
The ctrlio websites and services contain material (including software) that is proprietary to ctrlio (or its licensors). This material is protected under English and other laws, as copyright (including rights in databases), trademarks/tradenames and confidential information.
All intellectual property rights existing in the ctrlio services are and will always be the sole property of ctrlio (or its licensors). You are granted only a limited license to use the intellectual property as and to the extent only reasonably required to enable you to use and access the service.
Any distribution, reprint or electronic reproduction of any content from ctrlio, in whole or in part for any purpose is expressly prohibited.
Protection of services
To protect the ctrlio service, these are the things you agree not to do when using ctrlio. You will not:
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated process.
- Use gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor all or any part of the services.
- Use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search all or any part of the services. This doesn't include the search engines and search agents available through the service and generally available third party web browsers.
- Post or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive features on the website or anywhere across the ctrlio service. Or do anything that otherwise interferes with the proper operation and performance of ctrlio.
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any aspect of the service.
- Transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the service.
- Use the ctrlio service in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise the systems or security of ctrlio or interfere with other users.
Limitation of liability
When you use ctrlio, you expressly acknowledge that the ctrlio service is provided to you on an 'as-is' basis and that your use of the service is at your sole risk. Any liability of ctrlio to you or to any third party for any damage suffered or incurred by you or such third party arising from your use of the service is excluded and limited to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- Death or personal injury resulting from negligence
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- Any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
Ending your relationship with ctrlio
You may at any time stop using ctrlio's services and end any continuing contractual relationship with ctrlio.
ctrlio may at any time end your access to and use of the services if:
- ctrlio, in its sole discretion, considers that it is required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the service to you is, or becomes, unlawful)
If any of the above occurs, access to the service will be stopped.
If ctrlio has to end your use of the service for any reason:
- You must immediately stop all use of the services.
If you wish to contact ctrlio in writing, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to receive any reminders from ctrlio, they'll be sent to the email address or mobile number you provided.
© ctrlio Limited. Last modified date 25 May 2018.