Senior Python Developer
We are expanding the ctrlio team and are looking for a talented full time permanent senior python developer, ideally interested in data-science to help us build our analytics platform.
As a small close-knit startup, building SaaS software for consumers and businesses is a large part of what we do to analyse data and provide insights. We use Python for our data-science and serve those insights out via a web-service. The ideal candidate must have a passion for building maintainable, reliable software and sharing their own ideas. You will work closely with UI, product and partner teams, so being able to collaborate and sprint together is important. At ctrlio, every member of our team has an essential voice in defining the product we deliver and this exciting opportunity gives you the chance to change the digital marketplace.
What you'll need to be successful
- 6+ years commercial software engineering experience
- expert in python; modern python frameworks (e.g. Flask, RESTPlus)
- solid background in an agile environment; building high-quality, well tested software
- experience with relevant software development methodologies; Agile / SCRUM, TDD, CD/CI, GitHub / BitBucket, JIRA
- experience of building reliable, scalable, high performance solutions
- relevant industry experience; Adtech / ad exchanges, Ecommerce, Web analytics, Privacy & PII (no, not PPI, we promise)
- solid background in unit and integration testing (pytest, hypothesis), Web technologies (HTML, CSS, AJAX), HTTP, cookies, web security, cross-domain issues and databases
- experience with maintaining excellent coding conventions and standards (e.g. PEP 8/257)
- strong communicator with the /ability to present your own ideas with a 'get things done' attitude (we are a startup after all)
- the ability to mentor junior engineers and collaborate with other senior engineers on how to approach complex problems
- ideally, experience with native python data handling frameworks; pandas, numpy, scipy
What you'll achieve:
- understand our business, and how we are trying to change the world
- participate in sprint reviews and work closely with engineers and product owner to nail down requirements
- deploy high-quality, well tested software in an agile environment
- understand the data science that powers ctrlio's core analytics and how we might extend it even further
- become highly knowledgeable about ctrlio products
- be a bastion for quality while helping other engineers reach exacting standards
- mentor junior teammates with patience and help build a bar-raising team
- experience building large-scale web apps with a reusable component architecture
- be instrumental in building a platform to deliver complex analytics in real-time, at a massive scale
What you'll get from us
We realize exceptional people don't choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you're set up for success, so you can do your best work. At ctrlio, contributory pension, 25 days holiday + 2 duvet days. Plus the fun stuff, like our off-site team away days to discuss culture and strategy, Summer and Christmas party, stocked fridge / box with healthy snacks and drinks and for the caffeine lovers a fab coffee machine.
Our mission is to empower consumers to get better and more tailored offers from responsive merchants. We do this by enabling people to publish their buying intentions enriched with enough personal data to allow merchants equipped with ctrlio's smart analytics, to compete and bid for their business. This transforms both the way that personal data is used and the way that businesses acquire and retain customers. The fit with consumer empowerment and GDPR is perfect. Currently, we are engaged with price comparison sites across Europe to build products that power mobile, broadband, energy and insurance products and see this scaling into a powerful platform addressing many more product and service sectors over the coming 24 months.
Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we are committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We're growing fast, and there's plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact -- join us!