If you're comfortable on the command line but also dream about ES201(7/8/9) and understand the importance of monitoring good infrastructure with a preference to build teams and help colleagues improve, then this is the job for you! As a small close-knit start-up, building SaaS software for consumers and businesses you will work closely with UI, product and partner teams, so being able to collaborate and sprint together is important. At ctrlio, every member of our team has an essential voice in defining the product we deliver and this exciting opportunity gives you the chance to change the digital market place.
What you'll need to be successful
- 6+ years software engineering
- strong communicator with the ability to present your own ideas with a 'get things done' attitude (we are a start-up after all)
- the ability to mentor junior engineers and collaborate with other senior engineers on how to approach complex problems
- relevant industry experience; Adtech / ad exchanges, Ecommerce, Web analytics, Privacy & PII (no, not PPI, we promise)
- nice to have knowledge of; Python, MySQL, MongoDB, Amazon AWS, Mobile (iOS / Android), Browser extension development
- a passion for unit and integration testing
- web technologies (HTML, CSS, AJAX), HTTP, cookies, web security, cross-domain issues and databases, GIT
What you'll achieve
- become familiar with the ctrlio business
- participate in sprint reviews and work closely with engineers and product owner to nail down requirements
- deploy high-quality, well tested software in an agile environment
- become highly knowledgeable about ctrlio products
- be a bastion for quality while helping other engineers reach exacting standards
- mentor junior teammates with patience and help build a bar-raising team
- experience building large-scale web apps with a reusable component architecture
What you'll get from us
We realize exceptional people don't choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you're set up for success, so you can do your best work. At ctrlio, contributory pension, 25 days holiday + 2 duvet days. Plus the fun stuff, like our off-site team away days to discuss culture and strategy, Summer and Christmas party, stocked fridge / box with healthy snacks and drinks and for the caffeine lovers a fab coffee machine.
Our mission is to empower consumers to get better and more tailored offers from responsive merchants. We do this by enabling people to publish their buying intentions enriched with enough personal data to allow merchants equipped with ctrlio's smart analytics, to compete and bid for their business. This transforms both the way that personal data is used and the way that businesses acquire and retain customers. The fit with consumer empowerment and GDPR is perfect. Currently, we are engaged with price comparison sites across Europe to build products that power mobile, broadband, energy and insurance products and see this scaling into a powerful platform addressing many more product and service sectors over the coming 24 months.
Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we are committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We're growing fast, and there's plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact -- join us!