Partner Account Manager Mobile and Broadband, Germany
We are expanding the ctrlio team and are looking for a talented full time permanent Partner account manager for Germany.
The ideal candidate must have a passion for sales and working with people, to successfully build new and existing business in meeting sales targets and supporting existing partners. They will understand the product that we are building to steer the ship between internal teams and partners. Responsible for managing a sales pipeline for our mobile and broadband channel, you will be accountable for on-boarding new partners, maintaining relationships and managing existing partner relationships, catching the issues and risks and being the conduit between the partner and the ctrlio team to ensure the partner is happy and receiving the services as expected. A great communicator, with a consultative approach, able to manage conversations, including the difficult ones up and down the business to drive support and advocacy for the best interests of the business and the work we are doing.
As a small close-knit start-up, building SaaS software for consumers and businesses is a large part of what we do to analyse data and provide insights. You will work closely with internal and partner teams, so being able to collaborate and sprint together is important. At ctrlio, every member of our team has an essential voice in defining the product we deliver and this exciting opportunity gives you the chance to change the digital market place.
What you'll need to be successful
- 4+ year’s experience sales and account management, in the SaaS space, mobile and broadband
- Sales and Commercially orientated, involved in the creation and adhering to contracts, management of operational and project driven P&L. making budgets and meeting P&L targets.
- An established contact book of people in the mobile and broadband space, from category managers, heads of business to owners and decision makers. You are able to sell business through already established relationships.
- Ability to sell to new partners and equally able to grow the size of business from existing partners, able to identify opportunities for ctrlio products and services.
- consultative, organised, structured. Able to be the proxy for the partner
- experience of managing expectations, supporting operational activities. Control, manage and mitigate proactively potential escalation with external teams into business teams.
- strong communicator with the /ability to present your own ideas with a ‘get things done’ attitude (we are a start-up after all)
- has experience working with product and software engineering teams
- Be able to spend time in partner locations in Germany and the UK. Initially primarily working between Germany and the UK.
- Fluent in German, verbal and written.
- Probably based in Germany: or if based in UK – able to spend time in Germany. Work closely with & in partner locations in Germany. Our expectation is for the successful candidate to be able to expand this role to cover the UK.
- nice to have knowledge of; Agile delivery process, use of financial, planning and presentation tools.
- relevant industry experience; mobile and broadband essential with Adtech / ad exchanges, Ecommerce, Web analytics, Privacy & PII helpful
What you'll achieve
- become familiar with the ctrlio business
- participate in commercial meetings to understand the business and immediate and strategic commercial goals
- work closely with product owners to understand the product and roadmap
- Engage with existing partners, initiate relationships with key stakeholders. Establish a working relationship and the role into partner businesses.
- Engaged new partners through your connections and ability to field new business, meetings and building of new relationships
- Work to build a commercial plan, P&L and pipeline to deliver to the commercial expectations and strategic plan of the business
- maintain a professional front on behalf of the company
- Delivered to the commercial plan, built a portfolio of signed up partners with revenue and commercial targets being met
- become highly knowledgeable about ctrlio products
- successfully supported and delivered new products and services into the existing partners
- built strong relationships and delivered new business for ctrlio products and services.
- Owning partner communications; Expectations of stakeholders and becoming a trusted partner to them
- Working across a number of partners
- work effectively with internal teams in setting expectations, managing mitigating risks and issues, joint planning and participation
- full awareness and ownership of contracts, cost of works and budgeting
What you'll get from us
We realise exceptional people don't choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you're set up for success, so you can do your best work. At ctrlio, contributory pension, 25 days holiday + 2 duvet days. Plus the fun stuff, like our off-site team away days to discuss culture and strategy, Summer and Christmas party, stocked fridge / box with healthy snacks and drinks and for the caffeine lovers a fab coffee machine.
Our mission is to empower consumers to get better and more tailored offers from responsive merchants. We do this by enabling people to publish their buying intentions enriched with enough personal data to allow merchants equipped with ctrlio’s smart analytics, to compete and bid for their business. This transforms both the way that personal data is used and the way that businesses acquire and retain business. The fit with consumer empowerment and GDPR is perfect. Currently, we are engaged with price comparison sites across Europe to build products that power mobile, broadband, energy and insurance products and see this scaling into a powerful platform addressing many more product and service sectors over the coming 24 months.
Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we are committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact -- join us!