The ctrlio team are looking for a talented lead engineer who is passionate about architecting and building high performance SaaS platforms, at scale. ctrlio use machine learning to help businesses understand the competitiveness of their deals, in real-time, so that they can make offers with the best chance of conversion, at the moment that matters.
As a small close-knit InsureTech start-up, you will work closely with the CTO, engineering team, product and the data science team to architect and deliver a range of high-performance API based services and the underlying data pipelines, in an incredibly exciting industry.
At ctrlio, every member of our team has an essential voice in defining the product we deliver, and this exciting opportunity gives you the chance to change the digital marketplace.
What you'll need to be successful
- experience of architecting highly performant, scalable API services. Microservices familiarity a bonus
- experience of “Big Data” pipelines and designing and implementing scalable infrastructure for data ingestion, aggregation and analytics (e.g. PySpark, AWS Glue, AWS Athena, AWS Kinesis)
- AWS cloud architecture experience and config management (e.g. Chef, Terraform)
- a passion for agile principles; building high-quality, well tested software
- experience with relevant development tools and methodologies: CD/CI, Git, JIRA
- ability to maintain a high bar for coding conventions and standards, and a deep understanding of unit / integration testing in Python and/or node.js
- strong communicator with the ability to present your own ideas with a ‘get things done’ attitude (we are a start-up after all)
- the ability to collaborate with other engineers on how to approach complex problems
What you'll achieve
- understand our business, and how we are trying to change the world
- participate in sprint reviews and work closely with engineers and the product owner to nail down requirements
- deploy high-quality, well tested software in an agile environment, at scale
- understand the data science that powers ctrlio’s core analytics and how we might extend it even further
- become highly knowledgeable about ctrlio products
- be a bastion for quality while helping other engineers reach exacting standards
- mentor junior teammates with patience and help build a bar-raising team
- lead the building of large-scale web apps with a reusable component architecture
- be instrumental in building a platform to deliver complex analytics in real-time, at a massive scale
What you'll get from us
We realize exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success so you can do your best work. At ctrlio you’ll receive a contributory pension, 25 days holiday + 2 duvet days. Plus the fun stuff, like our annual party, fridge / office stocked with healthy snacks and drinks along with a fab coffee machine for the coffee lovers.
Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we are committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact -- join us!