We are expanding the ctrlio team and are looking for a talented fulltime data scientist (permanent or contract), with experience working on large datasets to help us build the technology to drive the next generation of user-centric price comparison services.
The role requires experience developing productised machine-learning solutions, ideally using Python. We are looking for somebody who can identify and deliver the most pragmatic solutions while also enjoying the more creative side of data exploration.
As a small close-knit start-up, building SaaS software for consumers and businesses you will work closely with other data scientists, developers, UX/UI, product and partner teams, so being able to collaborate and sprint together is important. At ctrlio, every member of our team has an essential voice in defining the product we deliver, and this exciting opportunity gives you the chance to change the digital market place.
What you'll need to be successful
- A minimum of 2 years commercial experience as a data scientist
- A degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or a related discipline
- An ability to work under pressure and to adhere to strict deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
- Experience using quantitative data analysis to solve problems and answer questions
- Experience of predictive modelling techniques (e.g. Logistic Regression, Decision Trees etc.)
- Building and implementing machine-learning solutions at scale (in a commercial environment)
- Understanding and working knowledge of multivariate statistical analysis, probability distributions, central limit theorem etc
- Python expertise (Pandas / NumPy / Scikit-learn)
- Experience using git / gitflow
Nice to have
- Experience of web analytics and behavioural analytics
- Experience in relevant domains (mobile, broadband, insurance, utilities)
- Dask (python scalable analytics library)
- Experience with pricing and predictive modelling in the insurance industry
What you'll achieve
- become familiar with the ctrlio business
- participate in sprint reviews and work closely with other data scientists and product owner to nail down requirements
- develop high-quality, well validated predictive models on large datasets
- become highly knowledgeable about ctrlio products
- be a bastion for quality while helping other data scientists reach exacting standards
- take lead on data science projects in a new business vertical
What you'll get from us
We realize exceptional people don't choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you're set up for success, so you can do your best work. At ctrlio, contributory pension, 25 days holiday + 2 duvet days. Plus the fun stuff, like our off-site team away days to discuss culture and strategy, Summer and Christmas party, stocked fridge / box with healthy snacks and drinks and for the caffeine lovers a fab coffee machine.
Our mission is to empower consumers to get better and more tailored offers from responsive merchants. We do this by enabling people to publish their buying intentions enriched with enough personal data to allow merchants equipped with ctrlio's smart analytics, to compete and bid for their business. This transforms both the way that personal data is used and the way that businesses acquire and retain business. The fit with consumer empowerment and GDPR is perfect. Currently, we are engaged with price comparison sites across Europe to build products that power mobile, broadband, energy and insurance products and see this scaling into a powerful platform addressing many more product and service sectors over the coming 24 months.
Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we are committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We're growing fast, and there's plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact -- join us!